Friday, October 24, 2008

Wonder is Wonderful!!

Well I wasn't planning on going to Pizzeria, mommy's favorite pizza place, but I had to stop the tears somehow and we were already out and about. It actually turned out to be one of the most enjoyable outings. Markessa has just fallen asleep for a two minute nap, so I was a little worried how it was going to turn out. She of course wanted me to carry her, but I had to carry Grady in the carseat, so I promised I'd hold her in the restaurant. We picked our seats and while we were waiting for our pizza I held Markessa, while Grady was still in his carseat on the table. We were just playing and dancing and all of a sudden mommy spilled a 32 oz glass of ice water all over us. Markessa was in shock crying and I was beet-red laughing and trying to calm her down. Thank goodness for the FISH TANK!! Markessa loves to circle back and forth from side to side watching the fish, so that was a good distraction while I cleaned up the mess. Then Grady started to get restless, so I got him out to look at the fish. (By the way the whole left side of my jeans front and back were soaked, but it didn't seem to matter.)

This is where my story finally makes sense. It was the most beautiful site, to see such sweet innocence turn into wonder and amazement as he looked at the brightly colored fish for the first time and how they moved. Then as he tried to catch them, but was blocked by the barrier of glass. Not comprehending he tried again. His eyes glued on the little swimmers, he continued to try to get through the glass to get them in his little hand. He was so peaceful as he took in the new creatures and it's a moment I'll treasure forever. I didn't escape teasing from the waiter and laughter from my audience for the blunder, but that made our outing even more fun.

Another little wonder that we experienced a few weeks ago, was the kids first snow fall. The fourth earliest snow storm in history. It was a Sunday morning and when Markessa woke up I told her there was a surprise outside for her. It took her just a few seconds to realize what her eyes were seeing and with that same wonder and amazement a huge smile lit up her face. "Wow!! Mommy it's on the roof tops and on the ground." Later she asked if she could go play in it and I said, "well we need gloves, boots, pants, a coat, and a hat." She said, "no I only need feet."

2 comments:

  1. Pizzaria? Call me!! I didn't realize you were still here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture you there laughing and your jeans soaking! What a cute story, and perspective on your kids. Don't you love blogging?

    ReplyDelete